From "christofer.dutz@c-ware.de" <christofer.d...@c-ware.de>
Subject AW: An official mavenized SDK ?
Date Wed, 12 Sep 2012 17:07:24 GMT
Hi Frederic,

Flexunit 4.1 was officially released by mike a few weeks ago. I helped him find out which
packages were actually needed (initially one build would have been made for each fdk, but
we were able to strip it down to 3 versions ... "as3", "flex3" and "flex4". I then published
the artifacts in the sonatype repo for him and they are now publically available as Maven
artifacts (https://oss.sonatype.org/content/repositories/releases/org/flexunit/ ... notice
the change to "org.flexunit" in the gid).

In Flexmojos there were a few issues regarding parameterized tests. On the mailing list someone
published a hack but I think that solved one problem and caused others. So I refactored quite
a bit in the Unittest support project of Flexmojos and got everything running. A few days
ago I updated the main Flexmojos trunk with those changes and am now waiting for Velo to release
FM 5.1 (final).

My 6.x branch is a special branch that has the main difference that it operates on a different
FDK structure. This was necessary because Velo usually deployed everything in the Flex FDKs
as one. Unfortunately they are not. Therefore I split up the FDKs into 3 separate parts "Flex
FDK", "Flash Runtime", "Air Runtime". I also did a number of fixes that should make builds
(especially with signed RSLs) a little easier. Unfortunately some of these need me to refactor
Flexmojos a little more. Currently FM6 seems to build my projects nicely, but I have had some
reports with problems and am looking forward to solving them.

My FDK generator is a simple Java program, that you feed with a source and target directory.
You unpack all the FKDs you want mavenized into the source directory and run it. The tool
looks at the config-files in the FDKs and automatically generates Maven artifacts from them.
If Apache doesn't want to start providing the FDKs (Or is not allowed to for legal reasons),
at least Users should be able to generate any FDK version they like in about 1 Minute per
FDK :-)

I'll keep you guys posted on my progress. (This is my first day on this list ... I always
thought I was already on it and the list was simply dead ;-) )

Chris