From Alex Harui <aha...@adobe.com>
Subject Re: Multiple ways of generating objects.
Date Tue, 07 Aug 2012 15:23:44 GMT

On 8/7/12 8:17 AM, "João Fernandes" <joaopedromartinsfernandes@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Thanks Alex but currently what our builder was doing that using
> AddChild/addElement but the problem is it wouldn't respect deferred content
> creation (like tabnavigators/ viewstacks etc) and would create everything
> in 1 pass which was a massive hit in performance.
>
> BTW, you're saying that currently childDescriptors are inefficient ? why?
> because they're added to the parentContainer even if the parentContainer
> isn't parented yet?
The childDescriptors create child objects and functions that get used once.
Our tests show that you can add children faster via the generated functions
and mxmlContent than the childDescriptor code path.

But if your main issue is navigator deferred instantiation, then the
performance difference between the two won't matter nearly as much as
getting deferred instantiation to work.

--
Alex Harui
Flex SDK Team