From jude <flexcapaci...@gmail.com>
Subject [OT]Some comments about Flash on mobile
Date Thu, 02 Aug 2012 07:34:26 GMT
If you have time take a look at the comments in the Android Market Flash
Player app<https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.adobe.flashplayer>.
Over 600k people took the time to comment on Flash support and of those
500k gave it 4 stars or more. Flash has 100-500 million installs.

These are some of the latest comments. Based on this we can summarize that,

• the public knows what Flash is
• the public wants Flash on their mobile devices
• flash is selling android phones (and/or a selling point)
• the flash mobile experience is satisfactory or at an acceptable level
(for me it has been fine since Galaxy S 1 phone, we are now on Galaxy S
III).

I hope these are inspirational! Not the lack of support part but the other
stuff

*
Comments
*
**
** ICS

why drop support for a system that loves flash support. We sure as hell
didn't just buy these phones because we think apple is a dumb fruit
------------------------------
** If i could...

I would rate this no stars. no support for android 4.0 ICS? Google, get
adobe back in the game or your going to have a lot of people moving back to
iPhone and i am certainly one of them. Android is pointless without Flash.
------------------------------
**Works Great

Works great on my galaxy nexus. Good be a little slow and choppy at times
but its by far the best flash I have used on a mobile device.
------------------------------
**July 17, 2012 - Samsung Galaxy S3 with version 11.1.115.12
Discontinuing for Android > 4.0.x?

That sucks. Wish I could rate zero stars. Why would you do that Adobe?.....
HTML5 technology is nice though. We need flash devs to move to HTML5. (NOTE
from me - HTML5!=Flash)
------------------------------
**August 1, 2012 - Version 11.1.115.12
Simple wonderful

Its great to have flash in phone. Step aside apple
** Needs ongoing support

We knew it was coming but Flash really needs to continue whilst its still
so common on the web ......
** Now the most useless app

No support for Android ICS?! You must be joking! Flash player was the main
reason I switched from and iPad to an Android tablet (Asus). Now I can't
see any videos on a site with the popularity of ESPN, etc. Please fix this
and start updating Android.