From jude <flexcapaci...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Mobile List - Performance Question
Date Thu, 26 Jul 2012 19:54:51 GMT
How do you test how long it takes to render the item renderer? I'm starting
to think in this situation that when it comes down to it that doesn't tell
you the actual ms it takes from start to finish to create and draw the row.

I know Alex would know how to measure this as he spent the summer
optimizing ItemRenderers for 4.6 (I think).

Also, on a side note, you would use getTimer() to get the current ms since
launch. That isn't as accurate as the tools the Flex team used since I read
that when they were working on the item renderers they were get sub
millisecond values.

So the question is, what are they using to measure performance? Are there
more precise tools perhaps in the sample classes (which I know little
about)?