From Philippe Mouawad <p.moua...@ubik-ingenierie.com>
Subject Flex Mobile soft Keyboard issue with Thai / Korean Languages
Date Fri, 20 Jul 2012 08:30:46 GMT
Hello,
We have a mobile application that uses Flex 4.6 (Air 3.3) that is deployed
on Android Tablets and IPad ones (IPad 1 & 2, IOS 5.1.1 9B296).
Users from Thailang / Korea are reporting a problem with the soft keyboard
which does not propose the Thai or Korean keyboard while native application
do propose it.

But it seems soft keyboard is not implementing "International Keyboard"
feature of iPad nor using the Thai or Korean keyboard if only one keyboard
(Thai or Korean) is configured:

   - http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4509

To be clear, on iPad you can configure more than one keyboard among which
for example Thai or Korean keyboards.

But it seems current implementation of Flex 4.6/ Air 3.3 , 3.4 do no
propose the "Globe" button to switch to the added keyboards. So only
occidental Keyboard are proposed to user.
Even if you switch the device to Thai or Korean and have only 1 thai or
Korean device then you always stay with the Occidental keyboard.

It seems strange to me but is it possible  ? Or am I missing something.
Is it a planned feature (I looked on JIRA but didn't find it) or a known
issue ?

Thank you very much for your help on this.

Regards
Philippe