From Philippe Mouawad <p.moua...@ubik-ingenierie.com>
Subject Re: Flex Mobile soft Keyboard issue with Thai / Korean Languages
Date Fri, 20 Jul 2012 21:10:00 GMT
Hello,
I got an answer to my mail from Paras Sheth (thanks to him) , who told me
to force mobile skin:

   - <s:TextInput skinClass="spark.skins.mobile.TextInputSkin"/>
   - <s:TextArea skinClass="spark.skins.mobile.TextAreaSkin"/>

As my project takes some time to build for iPad, I created a new blank
project and it worked so I thought it was that.
So I impacted it  on my project and it didn't work.

I searched for some time, and finally came to a strange idea. I noticed my
first TextInput fields had displayAsPassword set to true.
So I made a little test with:

   - 1)<s:TextInput/>

and

   - 2) <s:TextInput displayAsPassword="true" />

And BINGO, there is a bug:

1) If I first go to first field, International Keyboard appears
2) I go to second one, it disappears
3) I go back to first one, no more International Keyboard

Setting displayAsPassword="true" breaks soft keyboard.

Regards
Philippe M.
http://www.ubik-ingenierie.com

On Fri, Jul 20, 2012 at 10:30 AM, Philippe Mouawad <
p.mouawad@ubik-ingenierie.com> wrote:

> Hello,
> We have a mobile application that uses Flex 4.6 (Air 3.3) that is
deployed on Android Tablets and IPad ones (IPad 1 & 2, IOS 5.1.1 9B296).
> Users from Thailang / Korea are reporting a problem with the soft
keyboard which does not propose the Thai or Korean keyboard while native
application do propose it.

> But it seems soft keyboard is not implementing "International Keyboard"
feature of iPad nor using the Thai or Korean keyboard if only one keyboard
(Thai or Korean) is configured:

> http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4509
>
> To be clear, on iPad you can configure more than one keyboard among which
for example Thai or Korean keyboards.

> But it seems current implementation of Flex 4.6/ Air 3.3 , 3.4 do no
propose the "Globe" button to switch to the added keyboards. So only
occidental Keyboard are proposed to user.
> Even if you switch the device to Thai or Korean and have only 1 thai or
Korean device then you always stay with the Occidental keyboard.

--
Cordialement.
Philippe Mouawad.