From Daniel Ruiz <daniel.r...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Mobile List - Performance Question
Date Tue, 24 Jul 2012 22:20:16 GMT
Hi Phillipe,

Thanks for your input.

#1 and #3 are about Skinning, and the issue lies with LabelItemRender /
IconItemRenderer delivered in the SDK. So I don't believe 'skinning' would
be the issue there.
#2 is nice.. but you can see the max he gets is 40, and to be honest this
is very low. (maybe SDK? maybe he was on iPad 1, god knows..)

What I'm looking for is a solid 60 FPS while scrolling (IconItemRenderer)
which won't go down at all no matter how fast the user scrolls. I mean, I
would like to know if *anyone* actually achieved such result using any sort
of combination AIR/FlexSDK - I saw some video on youtube about
IconItemRenderer on iPad3 (probably using Starling) with a good FPS but the
person IMO was *cheating* and scrolling on items that are in memory already.

Cheers,
D.