From Daniel Ruiz <daniel.r...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Mobile List - Performance Question
Date Tue, 24 Jul 2012 23:16:21 GMT
Hi Jonathan,

Thanks for the input.

I don't have to hit 60 FPS. Matter of fact, I am developing an SAP Mobile
App. and SAP has something on App Store that scrolls smoothly (of course,
Native iOS) - And I'm aware Native will usually or always (as long properly
coded) have a better performance than 'generated' code; I just don't want
to be attacked on 'poor performance because you use Flash' sort of
discussion (not with my client but with competition, which uses iOS Native
and wants to have the pie) - Performance right now is acceptable, but I
would like to see a bit more to feel OK about it.

All the other things in the app are 60 FPS (animations between views for
instance, using a Tweener library) and only slows down when I have over 12
views stacked (I dont use view navigator, I created a component which
displays two views and you navigate with swipes) - it works exactly and
perfectly like http://itunes.apple.com/nz/app/sap-crm-sales/id476539891?mt=8 -
but the only thing I could not achieve yet is the same 'scroll' smothness
using Lists.

My section list (exactly like what they have on that app with the labels
click on the letters and all) takes 0ms / 1ms at most so there is something
else taking 15ms each update. But going back to IconItemRenderer does not
improve performance at all (just like the same).

Also, if anyone has a *hint* what s:List could be doing better, I can take
a look at that on my free time and see if I can improve a bit (thou I
hardly think I have what it takes to go down that deeper)

Cheers,
D.