From Daniel Ruiz <daniel.r...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: What is the general perception of Apache Flex and Flash in mid 2012?
Date Thu, 28 Jun 2012 20:13:28 GMT

On 28/06/2012, at 11:20 PM, Jeffry Houser wrote:

> On 6/28/2012 3:13 AM, Daniel Ruiz wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I've been following the flex-dev list, and I believe at this point there is
>> no roadmap because most effort is being directed at releasing the 4.6
>> version on Apache namespace.
>> While this is acceptable, I share the same ideal that a roadmap is needed
>> so Flex developers/users can easily understand what flex-dev is working on;
>> as a developer using technology A or B it's quite important to have this
>> piece of information on order to take decisions.
> Do you really make technical decisions for today's project based upon what something
may or may not do tomorrow?

Yes, I probably consider far more stuff than you do. I wish I could develop something to last
one year and code it again in a new platform/technology - not the case.

>> I have no idea what to expect from the new versions of the
>> SDK;
> Please look at the Apache Flex SVN Repository, and pay attention to stuff people have
committed into their whiteboard.

And I have. Do you want me to take it as a 'statement' or 'guess' where the Project is going
based on whiteboard commits?

>>  but I have no real clue.. and it would be quite nice to
>> have some positive to say.
> In the SVN Whiteboard area, there is a mobile Alert; and I believe someone modified the
mobile drop down list to work on mobile.

Yes, and I saw both. I would consider a port to Mobile of your Calendar Components a nice
addition too.. But I still cannot provide a List / ItemRenderer that does 60fps solid while
scrolling in my developments.