From Jeffry Houser <jef...@dot-com-it.com>
Subject Re: What is the general perception of Apache Flex and Flash in mid 2012?
Date Thu, 28 Jun 2012 22:42:27 GMT

  I don't think I was being sarcastic in that post.

  On the first point; anything that gets into a release of the Flex SDK
has to be voted on by the PPMC members.  Just because someone builds it
and adds it to their whiteboard is no guarantee that it will get voted
in.  So, just because something is in the whiteboard, does not mean
it'll ever show up in a formal Apache Flex release.

  On the second point; it'll take a lot of time to convert our Calendar
component over to a Spark model and mobile optimize it. It took 11
months to build the initial version; I'd estimate 3-6 months to do a
conversion from MX to Spark w/ mobile support.  I'm not in a position
where I'm willing to put in a half year of unpaid work in order to build
something for Apache Flex.  However, if funding were there I'd do it in
a heartbeat.

--
Jeffry Houser
Technical Entrepreneur