From Jeffry Houser <jef...@dot-com-it.com>
Subject Re: What is the general perception of Apache Flex and Flash in mid 2012?
Date Wed, 27 Jun 2012 14:58:06 GMT
On 6/27/2012 10:24 AM, Desai, Ashish S wrote:
> I think there is a lack of trust among big enterprises investing in Flex, on the survival
story of Flash/Flex. While it is true that for large complex projects Action Script and Flex
are the best platforms, the future of Flash/Flex lies in major OS vendors providing support
for the Flash Player Runtime.
   Or the future of Flex could like in decoupling the Flex Framework
from the Adobe runtimes of Flash Player and AIR.

> There has to be a road-map to get off Flex and build in other technologies and frameworks
to mitigate the risk of the unknown future of flex.

  Apache doesn't really work on the "Roadmap" route.  The Flex project
is "Staffed" with a bunch of volunteers with differing commitments and
priorities.  That is different from a formal product from a public
corporation.  For all intents and purposes. we do want we want.

> I think the first line of defense would be for Apache Flex to get into dialog with Apple,
Google, and Microsoft on the support of Flash Player Plugins and Runtimes.
  And how can we help you with that?

--
Jeffry Houser
Technical Entrepreneur