From "Desai, Ashish S" <ashish.s.de...@jpmorgan.com>
Subject RE: [RT] What is the general perception of Apache Flex and Flash in mid 2012?
Date Wed, 27 Jun 2012 15:32:11 GMT
Do we not need flash player for that purpose? Do we have cross compilers that can convert flex
to other frameworks and work as beautifully as they do in Flash Player?

Thanks,
Ashish

-----Original Message-----
From: Guthmann, Scott [mailto:sguthmann@on3solutions.com]
Sent: Wednesday, June 27, 2012 11:28 AM
To: flex-users@incubator.apache.org
Subject: [RT] What is the general perception of Apache Flex and Flash in mid 2012?

> I'm currently at Velocity in Santa Clara and have heard repeated derisive laughter from
large audiences of IT operations folk whenever Flash has been mentioned by a presenter.

Step #1: Open up an HTML5 canvass
Step #2: Start developing in Flex
Step #3: Compile to run on the various platforms & devices.
Step #4: deliver your app that is .05% HTML5 and 99.95% in Flex

Viola! An HTML5 app that looks beautiful and runs everywhere! My point is - How would your
group of chortling morons know the difference?