From "Tianzhen Lin" <tang...@usa.net>
Subject RE: Button/List question
Date Sat, 05 May 2012 20:12:57 GMT
The button is PopUpButton.  Which consists of main action button and a popup
caller button.  Though Flex's spark framework does not come with such
button, I have made buttons like this before and it is not that difficult.

Tangent

-----Original Message-----
From: Brian Zaleski [mailto:brian@imprimissoft.com]
Sent: Saturday, May 05, 2012 1:14 PM
To: flex-users@incubator.apache.org
Subject: Button/List question

Hi,

One of our designers got hooked on the idea of this button:

http://demos.telerik.com/aspnet-ajax/button/examples/splitbutton/defaultcs.a
spx

If you look at that button, it has some rather odd functionality. I'm
wondering if anyone has built anything like this in Flex.

I found a reference to this:

http://help.adobe.com/en_US/FlashPlatform/reference/actionscript/3/xd/core/a
xm/view/components/AXMSplitActionButton.html

Which *may* work, given the name, but really don't know.

The problem with that Ajax button, is that you can't use a click event on a
Flex button, because every time you click the dropdown, well, you
*click* it...there is no way to tell if you are clicking directly on it, or
if you are doing a pull-down. So basically a button that is a mash-up of a
Button and a DropDownList.

TIA,

Brian Zaleski