From Frédéric THOMAS <webdoubl...@hotmail.com>
Subject RE: [DISCUSS] taking Apache Flex to the next level
Date Fri, 04 Jan 2013 16:39:55 GMT
Hi,

At Devoxx and Devoxx France (initially, Devoxx is an annual European Java,
Android and HTML5 conference which reached 3400 attendees from 40 different
countries in 2011), Flex is not represented since Adobe doesn't own it
anymore, I guess there are many other kinds of places like that where Adobe
Flex was represented and where it's not the case anymore, I guess a good
start could be to enumerate those conferences and organize to have speakers
there to introduce Flex as in how it is powerful in the perspective of the
current technical needs (Eg those unmet by HTML5 in big company projects).

-Fred

-----Original Message-----
From: Erik de Bruin [mailto:erik@ixsoftware.nl]
Sent: Friday, January 04, 2013 5:03 PM
To: flex-dev@incubator.apache.org
Subject: Re: [DISCUSS] taking Apache Flex to the next level

I'm not talking Roadmap here, Alex, but even Open Source projects done the
Apache way can have a direction and maybe even actual goals.

One definition might be: "maintaining the project status quo by preventing
any discussion about common goals"

Another might be: "bringing the power of the Flex framework to multiple,
vendor independent platforms"

Or even: "one framework to rule them all" ;-)

I'm not saying we need any kind of fixed target or anything else that might
somehow be in conflict with the strict definition of the Apache Way, what
I'm looking for is giving people willing to help out evangelising Apache
Flex some kind of handle, something to start building an effective campaign
upon.

EdB

--
Ix Multimedia Software