From Justin Mclean <jus...@classsoftware.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Apache Flex SDK Installer 2.0 RC1
Date Tue, 01 Jan 2013 08:05:25 GMT
Hi,

> Apache only officially releases (and we are voting on) a source distribution for the
installer.
Would a run time loaded config file be really considered part of that source? Basically it's
the same as the build.properties for the Flex SDK. While the build.properties is part of the
source release kit you generally need to edit and change the values in it.

The XML file is not compiled into the source it can also be changed/edited by the user to
install other versions of the SDK or AIR. A "typical" version of it is included in the source
(just like build.properties) see "sdk-insaller-config-2.0.xml"  in the root src directory.

Would you consider the disclaimer page to be  part of the source? It's on the wiki and linked
to by the application. Or the cgi scipt it uses to get  the mirror? Where exactly do you draw
the line?

Either way when a vote is called for it only requires three more +1 than -1 votes and I don't
see this as a reason for voting -1.

Justin