From Alex Harui <>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Apache Flex SDK Installer 2.0 RC1
Date Wed, 02 Jan 2013 06:56:43 GMT

On 1/1/13 10:37 PM, "Justin Mclean" <> wrote:

> Hi,
>> Are you suggesting that the workflow is to use the -config switch for
>> testing?  Then we are not testing the final configuration.
> The same XML file would be uploaded so we would be testing the final config.
> Again this is a program to help users download the binaries to use in their
> IDE of choice, it's provided to help them and is not really part of the SDK
> itself. If you don't agree with how the installer is currently working please
> come up with a suggestion to fix it so it complies with what you think the
> legal issue is - which I have to say I'm still unsure actually exists. If then
> we can't come up with a way around that  then I suggest we host the installer
> exe/dmg files externally and move the code out of Apache SVN  to github.
I'm not sure Apache Flex is allowed to use Github as a end-run around Apache

While I don't like the downloading of the config.xml from the site because I
think it will pose the issues I listed in another reply, if we want to go
that way, I believe the process is that we have to vote to approve the
deployment of the config.xml to the website, then test the installer against
it and then vote on the installer.  We could try to do it as one, but my
main objection to that is that we won't have tested the installer's code
path that downloads the config.xml from the site.  So I think it has to be
two votes.

FWIW, I am hopeful this is not the last release of the installer.  I hope we
continue to get rid of dependencies and need to change the installer again.
> This is just delaying the official 4.9 release announcement and stoping users
> from installing the SDK.
The main delay is caused by the delay in getting the final dist folder.
>From reading board and infra emails, it appears that they are trying to
finalize a script that creates all of the TLP infra but that is driven by
having "final board minutes" which apparently have been delayed by the
holiday season, although I see plenty of mods being made to the script.
Alex Harui
Flex SDK Team
Adobe Systems, Inc.

View raw message