From Alex Harui <>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Apache Flex SDK Installer 2.0 RC1
Date Wed, 02 Jan 2013 05:44:32 GMT

On 1/1/13 3:09 PM, "Justin Mclean" <> wrote:
> Some other Apache projects have people who maintain binary distributions for
> convenience and host them outside of Apache. Although in our case it could
> probably only be hosted at Adobe due to the 3rd party licensing? Anyone know
> if this would be possible?
Actually, in theory, any entity can become an Adobe distributor.  You fill
out a form and various business folks at Adobe decide to approve you or not.
I have not tried to make Apache such a distributor as I think it would be
complicated to get Apache to execute a distributor's agreement since Adobe
licensing is not Apache compatible.

If I were to start my own "company" I would seek such a distributors

Alex Harui
Flex SDK Team
Adobe Systems, Inc.

View raw message