From Alex Harui <aha...@adobe.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Apache Flex SDK Installer 2.0 RC1
Date Tue, 01 Jan 2013 06:51:23 GMT

On 12/31/12 10:42 PM, "Justin Mclean" <justin@classsoftware.com> wrote:

> HI,
>
>> Can we actually release this source if we don't have it pointing to the
>> final dist folder for 4.9?
> I think we can and that's not an issue.
>
> Only the XML file would need to change which in not in the installer
> directory.
> http://incubator.apache.org/flex/sdk-installer-config-2.0.xml
Isn't that file in the source kit?

> The installer would not need to be recompiled so no vote would be required
> IMO.
Apache only officially releases (and we are voting on) a source distribution
for the installer.  IMO, the .xml file should be in the source kit and if we
don't have a final version then we aren't ready to vote.

The binary kit should probably have the .xml file as well since it is
supposed to be a compiled version of the source distribution?

--
Alex Harui
Flex SDK Team