From jude <flexcapaci...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] taking Apache Flex to the next level
Date Fri, 04 Jan 2013 23:48:28 GMT
Examples would be great.

One thing we can do now is market what Flex *is* (we have that description
in a few places) and that *we are making it better*. That is that we fixing
bugs, adding new components, removing dependencies, setting up Mustella
tests, cutting new releases, working on the new Falcon compiler, updating a
Flex SDK installer for easy installation, pursuing a Git workflow, etc.

We can also mention what we are talking about on the list. That is adding a
JS target, adding AOP in Falcon, adding plugin support to Falcon, more
support to get members setup, etc.

We can also talk about what we have done. That is received legal clearance
of Flex resources from Adobe including the SDK itself, Mustella, the
in-development Flex Next components. We also built an Flex SDK installer,
fixed bugs, added new features, setup whiteboards, imported Jira history,
created a new logo, worked on a official website design and many more I'm
not including, etc

So we can give them a picture of where we are, what we've done and what
we're talking about doing next. From that they can form their own opinion
about where we are going. We can also tell them that since this is an open
source project they can help create Flex's future by contributing.

But yeah, examples, would be great. Especially, a few full blown
applications that they could download and import that targeted multiple
devices and operating systems (or show it running on multiple platforms).
Adobe had some things going in this direction. We can also point them to
the official Adobe Flex site. That information is nearly all relevant. At
one point I was hoping to go through the site and fill in all the gaps but
I didn't see anyway to do that (ran into roadblocks as well as others who
have tried to update it).

We can also mention what we as community members would like to see or hope
to accomplish, what we would be able to help out with and so on.

While we're mentioning it an example explorer, like Tour de Flex, online
and in the browser, would be great. But I would really like to go through
it, update and clean up the examples (add more examples as well including
support for skinning).

BTW Do we have a list of what we've accomplished, what we're working on,
etc somewhere online? Do the monthly minutes include all that?

We really need a blog that we can update as well as a feed for those
working with Flex. Now that I think of it the site needs a lot of work.