From Erik de Bruin <e...@ixsoftware.nl>
Subject [DISCUSS] Apache Flex SDK Installer 2.0 RC1
Date Wed, 02 Jan 2013 14:09:15 GMT
I'm sorry I'm late to this discussion, but all I can say is: Wow! and:
Really?

The whole website is in SVN. It is source (mdtext), consumed by a compiler
(the buildbot), spit out as HTML and released outside the project on the
WWW. How is that different from our other sources? Do you suggest we have a
vote on every update of the site?

One rule to rule them all, if we insist on the letter, instead of the
spirit, of the rules. Mind you, I think you're killing a nice tool in the
process, one of the more successful tools in keeping the SDK 'alive and
kicking' in the real world.

I know about the PMC responsibilities and all, but there is such a thing as
going too far.

Just my $0.02,

EdB

--