From Bertrand Delacretaz <bdelacre...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [MENTORS] Release Policy
Date Thu, 03 Jan 2013 08:52:01 GMT
On Wed, Jan 2, 2013 at 9:53 PM, Alex Harui <aharui@adobe.com> wrote:
> ...I still don't like the fact that someone running the installer
> sometime in the future can potentially have a different version installed...

That's where you need a vote - making a new version of Flex available
to the public (i.e. outside of this community of developers) is what
constitutes an Apache release, so whatever changes cause this to
happen require a vote by this PMC.

Not doing this means individuals who made the changes are responsible
for what happens - a vote makes the release an act of the PMC, and
that's what you want.

-Bertrand