From Om <bigosma...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Apache Flex SDK Installer 2.0 RC1
Date Wed, 02 Jan 2013 07:59:42 GMT
On Jan 1, 2013 11:44 PM, "Alex Harui" <aharui@adobe.com> wrote:

> On 1/1/13 11:30 PM, "Om" <bigosmallm@gmail.com> wrote:

> >> that
> >> happens.

> >> We are taking something from SVN and consuming it in a binary
distribution
> >> that we've deployed to our site and telling the world to use it.
> >>

> > We consume a lot of resources from the website - the flex sdk, the md5,
the
> > mirror url cgi script (which IS code).  We dont release any of those in
the
> > source kit for the Installer.  How is the config xml any different?
> >
> > We also consume a host of external dependencies like flash player, air
sdk,
> > etc.  According to your logic, we cannot do this because we cannot
> > 'release' those files.
> It is in our SVN with the rest of our code and dictates what the code
does.
> None of the other things you listed do both.

I don't see these two conditions in the Apache release guide.  It is your
interpretation of what it says, which I don't agree with.

In any case, what exactly do you mean by 'dictate'?  Please explain how
that makes it source?  Why is the mirror cgi script not considered to being
'dictating' the app?