incubator-flex-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Om <bigosma...@gmail.com>
Subject [DISCUSS] Continuing discussion on Installer 2.0 RC1
Date Wed, 02 Jan 2013 21:04:19 GMT
On Wed, Jan 2, 2013 at 12:53 PM, Alex Harui <aharui@adobe.com> wrote:

>
>
>
> On 1/2/13 12:18 PM, "Om" <bigosmallm@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Thanks Greg.
> >
> > Alex, I think it is pretty clear from Greg's response on how we want to
> > proceed.  Do you have any more clarifications, or can we go ahead with
> the
> > [VOTE] for RC1?
> >
> Yes, it is good to learn that publishing on the site is not considered a
> release and you can publish the xml file on the site without a vote.
>
> You can start a vote for RC1 if you want, but I think we should fix up a
> few
> of the issues folks have brought up so far. The ones I saw are:
>
> 1) the name of the default value for FLEX_HOME_MAC folder.
>

Can you or Carol fix this and check it in?


> 2) Greek locale capitalization (I think we'll probably have to live with
> truncation issues in this version like prior versions)
>

Truncated labels automatically show tooltips.  So we are not a lot of
functionality.  But I  do agree it doesnt look too good.  I am loathe to
changing the size of buttons.  Maybe someone can make the text's font size
to scale down automatically based on content?
Bonus:  This would be a very nice feature addition to the Flex SDK :-)


> 3) remove DISCLAIMER file
>

This was removed a while ago by Justin - rev 1427021 [
http://svn.apache.org/viewvc?view=revision&revision=1427021]


> 4) Examine the checkbox issue Carol brought up about changing locales after
> checking some of the boxes.  If it will be risky/painful, it can probably
> be
> deferred.
>

I will take a look at this tonight.


>
> I actually haven't looked at RC1 myself.  I will do that next.
>
> Also, I still don't like the fact that someone running the installer
> sometime in the future can potentially have a different version installed,
> and I still don't like having the incubator URLs.  I wish we could get our
> final URLs before sending out this release.
>
>
I am okay with waiting if we know that the timeframe is in the order of
days and not weeks/months.

Thanks,
Om

Mime
  • Unnamed multipart/alternative (inline, None, 0 bytes)
View raw message