From Justin Mclean <jus...@classsoftware.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Apache Flex SDK Installer 2.0 RC1
Date Tue, 01 Jan 2013 22:00:46 GMT
Hi,

> 2) Is this a correct implementation?  I'm wondering how would we test the
> next release.  As soon as you replace/update that .xml file so we can test
> the next installer we are forcing everyone to suddenly start taking the next
> version.  I understand you are saying we don't need to "test" the installer
> ever again, but I think we'd need to at least run it ourselves.

When we make the next release of the SDK we can make teh change to the XML (locally) and test
the installer at the same time, once the vote has passed we distrubite the new SDK and then
update the XML file.

> 3) Is it reasonable to suddenly have the .xml file cause a different version
> to install to the customer's computer?

The new version will only be be downloaded and installed if after the XML fie is update the
user runs the installers is again. It doesn't happen suddenly/automatically.

Thanks,
Justin