From Justin Mclean <jus...@classsoftware.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Apache Flex SDK Installer 2.0 RC1
Date Wed, 02 Jan 2013 08:28:50 GMT
Hi,

> Well, that group would need approval from Apache to use Flex anywhere in the
> name of the installer, but yeah, an independent group of folks can certainly
> go off and create their own installer.
Seems less of an issue than the process that is currently being suggested. Worse case it can
be called something else.

>  The badge installer would find the config using a relative path just like the standalone
> installers.
Not sure that is actually possible, unless the the XML was compiled into the swf rather than
loaded  (not really optimal) or the values hard coded.

> IMO, yes.  The config.xml file should look up 4.9 via dist, not incubator.

Well currently it can't as the file is not there. We couldn't test it or vote on it if we
did that.

Justin