From "christofer.dutz@c-ware.de" <christofer.d...@c-ware.de>
Subject AW: NumericInput component?
Date Thu, 03 Jan 2013 16:43:04 GMT
Ok ... so I just created an Issue https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FLEX-33337 and attached
my Implementation to it.

I think such a component would be quite good to have (In this discussion we now already had
3 Implementations of the "same" logic).
So if we started working on one official version I think we would pretty soon have a really
solid implementation (I have never come across a version that worked 100% without any serious
hickups).

Chris

-----Urspr√ľngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Kessler CTR Mark J [mailto:mark.kessler.ctr@usmc.mil]
Gesendet: Donnerstag, 3. Januar 2013 17:06
An: flex-dev@incubator.apache.org
Betreff: RE: NumericInput component?

   Although I would like to keep the number with decimals available in a pure number and be
able to use it directly.  I would also like to see digit grouping when not editing it... and
monetary symbol if it has to deal with finances.

   One of the quick TextInput setups I have used before, was restrict the allowed characters
to [1-9.].  Then inherit the component to include a focusIn/Out functions to replace the formatted
view with the editable floating numbers.  But it's still not controlling how large the number
can get or the number of decimal places it supports.

-Mark