From "christofer.dutz@c-ware.de" <christofer.d...@c-ware.de>
Subject AW: NumericInput component?
Date Thu, 03 Jan 2013 13:46:17 GMT
Hi,

the handling of fractional digits was one thing that I had to stick quite some effort into.
My component actually prevents entering of invalid chars depending on the active locale handles
not only parsing of numeric values depending on the local, but also displaying them. You can
restrict it to only allowing positive values as well as restricting/forcing the number of
fractional digits, so it does go quite a bit further than Carlos' solution. And it doesn't
use a formatter.

Limitations:
- No support of Grouping chars (currently)
- Some glitches while typing "0.xxx" values.
- Small problem setting the maximum number of fractional digits to infinite (currently the
max number of fractional digits is set to 2 per default)

Chris

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: João Fernandes [mailto:joaopedromartinsfernandes@gmail.com]
Gesendet: Donnerstag, 3. Januar 2013 13:34
An: flex-dev@incubator.apache.org
Betreff: Re: NumericInput component?

Hi Carlos

to be honest I don't like the fact there are formatters within a visual component, in my opinion,
they should never be coupled.
Another issue is that you use "," and "." hardcoded, shouldn't decimal and number grouping
separator be configurable so they can take any possible sign?

Regards

João Fernandes

--

João Fernandes