From "Kessler CTR Mark J" <mark.kessler....@usmc.mil>
Subject RE: NumericInput component?
Date Thu, 03 Jan 2013 16:06:01 GMT

   Although I would like to keep the number with decimals available in a pure number and be
able to use it directly.  I would also like to see digit grouping when not editing it... and
monetary symbol if it has to deal with finances.

   One of the quick TextInput setups I have used before, was restrict the allowed characters
to [1-9.].  Then inherit the component to include a focusIn/Out functions to replace the formatted
view with the editable floating numbers.  But it's still not controlling how large the number
can get or the number of decimal places it supports.

-Mark
-----Original Message-----
From: christofer.dutz@c-ware.de [mailto:christofer.dutz@c-ware.de]
Sent: Thursday, January 03, 2013 6:40
To: flex-dev@incubator.apache.org
Subject: NumericInput component?

Hi,

Just wanted to ask, how about adding a new type of input field to Flex. Because in almost
all of my projects I the requirement to input numeric values. For this I created a special
type of Input component based upon the ordinary spark input. Currently I'm dragging this component
into every project I am working on and I guess a lot of you will be doing the same with their
NumericInputs (The Numeric spinner does have its problems with handling fractional stuff)
... thought others could be interested in it. It does have the one or the other minor glitch.
Perhaps together we could sort them out and have a nice and clean NumericInput field.

What do you think?

Chris