From Justin Mclean <jus...@classsoftware.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Apache Flex SDK Installer 2.0 RC1
Date Tue, 01 Jan 2013 21:44:24 GMT
Hi,

>> Would you consider the disclaimer page to be  part of the source?
> The DISCLAIMER file is in the source kit for incubating releases.
I was referring to the disclaimer link in the application not the DISCLAIMER file.

> Source kits are (potentially filtered) dumps of what is in SVN.
And that correct with the installer, there's a source kit which someone can take and compile
the application.

> I'm pretty sure Apache regulations would override any vote.
What "regulation" exactly? Can you point to me page that state that you can't load XML files
outside of it's SVN trunk?

> This is potentially a legal issue
What is the legal issue here? The installer will be voted on and distributed in the normal
Apache Way (apache.org/dist). The XML file is also in SVN at svn.apage.org that only Apache
committers can access and change. The installer will only download official Apache releases
that have been voted on and placed in apache.org/dist.

I guess worse case a committer could modify the file XML file in SVN to download another Apache
binary kit but I think we would notice that and fix.

Thanks,
Justin