From Alex Harui <>
Subject Re: [FalconJx] Package down to Expression production; JSGoogEmiter prototype
Date Thu, 27 Dec 2012 15:38:14 GMT

On 12/27/12 5:33 AM, "Erik de Bruin" <> wrote:

> I'm not sure how your solution provides for this? Mine doesn't either,
> mind you, but I gave up perfection for simplicity very early in this
> thread ;-)
+1 on simplicity vs perfection.

IMO, If you take on full AS to JS cross-compilation, it is a very difficult
task full of these edge cases.  But I want to (at least at first) only
cross-compile a subset of AS to JS.  I am hopeful there is a subset that is
straight forward to cross-compile that is sufficient enough for folks to
build enterprise class apps.  We would add warnings/errors to the compiler
to catch the edge cases like untyped or (* typed) optional params.

I think I recall that iteration of classes is also an issue.  Seems
like we could live without that or require that you provide a filter
function for the cases where you need it.

Alex Harui
Flex SDK Team
Adobe Systems, Inc.

View raw message