From Alex Harui <aha...@adobe.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r1423863 - /incubator/flex/sdk/branches/develop/frameworks/projects/charts/src/mx/charts/DateTimeAxis.as
Date Wed, 19 Dec 2012 22:46:14 GMT

On 12/19/12 2:40 PM, "Justin Mclean" <justin@classsoftware.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
>> I don't think that's the right change.  I'm guessing the intent is to change
>> a local variable, not the instance's height property?
>

> Nice catch. Calling a variable the same as a local property is probably a bad
> idea. Best fix here I think would be to rename height to something else?
It isn't my favorite practice, but it shouldn't cause a compiler error or
warning.  It would be great if Chema could put together a simple test case
or unit test for this scenario.  We do frequently mask instance properties
with constructor arguments although that isn't quite the same thing here.

--
Alex Harui
Flex SDK Team