From Alex Harui <>
Subject Re: Apache Flex 4.9 Release Candidate 3
Date Tue, 18 Dec 2012 22:24:07 GMT

On 12/18/12 1:58 PM, "Justin Mclean" <> wrote:

> Hi,
>>  Which is useful, but somewhat disturbing information as it
>> potentially increases the number of possible rendering environments.
> I don't think we can possible test every combination here that's:
> OS version (at least 2) x compile for FP (x8) x run in FP versions (x8) x
> supported locales (x22) x AIR (x5) = 14000+ combinations :-)
The "run in" is more than 8.  Nick showed that you have to test swf-version
N in every one of the 8 players that supports swf-version N.
>> I have code locally that will store the display list as XML alongside each
>> baseline, but I haven't check it in.  I thought it would be too disruptive
>> and was going to wait until after we get the release out.
> I assume you can run the test in XML only mode? Perhaps that would be good
> enough for testing a different locale if the en_US locale passes?
A different locale would change the display list XML because the text
property of a TextField would be in that locale.  The XML is only set up as
a backup.  If the bitmap compare fails, we check the XML to see if it
matches then we know (hope) the failures are rendering issues in the player,
not our code.
>> In fact, after we get the release out, I think I want to move mustella to
>> its own top-level folder.
> That may make it hard to keep in sync when creating/testing a release
> candidate.
I'll start a new thread if/when I get more serious about it.  We'd probably
add tests that we know won't run (for example, Carol's about to check in
some Spark DG locked row/column features and tests into develop that isn't
in release) to an excludes file.  I'm just tired of waiting for mustella
tests to download when checking out a branch, and the XML files will make it
> Thanks,
> Justin

Alex Harui
Flex SDK Team