From Carol Frampton <>
Subject Re: Release build - another TLF issue
Date Fri, 07 Dec 2012 20:29:40 GMT
Author: cframpton
Date: Fri Dec  7 20:25:58 2012
New Revision: 1418463

Fix doc and other.locales targets for release build.  There were several
issues.  textLayout could not build doc because there wasn't a valid
textLayout_rb.swc to update since the files were in
spark.swc. (TLF has hard-coded English messages and a hook for apps to use
for localized messages so Flex put the localized messages in spark.swc).
Fixed a couple of path issues.  There were a couple of ordering issues
because of unneeded swcs being including in the *-config.xml files.  Now
build a textLayout rsl along with the rest of them.

There is one outstanding issue that I know of.  I noticed the doc for
automation was commented out in frameworks/build.xml.  I uncommented it
but couldn't manage to get it to build so I left it commented for now.

On 12/6/12 7 :15PM, "Justin Mclean" <> wrote:

>Just run into another issue with TLF and the release build.
>    [asdoc] Loading configuration file
>/Users/justinmclean/Documents/Adobe Flash Builder 4.6/Apache Flex
>    [asdoc] Error: unable to load SWC textLayout_rb.swc: could not find
>catalog.xml within the SWC.
>    [asdoc]
>Uncompressing the textLayout_rb.swc it contains a dozen xml files, and a
>packages.dita but no catalog.xml.
>Any ideas?

View raw message