From Carol Frampton <cfram...@adobe.com>
Subject Re: Draft release notes for Apache Flex 4.9
Date Thu, 06 Dec 2012 15:40:39 GMT

  Differences from Apache Flex 4.8.0:

> 13  - Apache Flex SDK can can be compiled for any version of the Flash
>Player from 10.2 to 11.5

"can can" should be fixed.  And is this really true?  Have all versions
been tested?

> 16  - New version of the TLF (Text Layout Framework), the TLF 3.0.33
>source code is now included

I would mention it is included because it has been donated and is now part
of Apache Flex.

> 17  - Can use Java 7 to compile SDK (see README for instructions)

This is true but FlashBuilder appears not to be able to compile mxml files
when the SDK is built with Java 7.  There seems to be some sort of
conflict with batik which I have not debugged.

> 18  - Many improvements and updates to Mustella tests

I didn't think we were releasing mustella in our source package.  If we
are the kitting needs to be changed since it only includes enough of
mustella to build checkin tests.

>  - the frameworks/textLayout src is not included which means there is
>not a textLayout
>54    RSL.  We expect this difference to be limited to this release.

I know this is under the 4.6 section but I still think this is confusing
if you are skimming quickly.  I would be explicit.  The src is not
included in Apache Flex 4.8 but it is included in Apache Flex 4.9, or
something to that effect.

What about the maven stuff?

Carol