From Carol Frampton <cfram...@adobe.com>
Subject Re: Working towards a 4.9 Release Candidate
Date Wed, 05 Dec 2012 18:33:52 GMT

On 12/5/12 11 :43AM, "Justin Mclean" <justin@classsoftware.com> wrote:

> Justin - I thought develop would be merged to trunk and we'd release from
>> there yet I see you made another branch.
>
>My understanding of the gitflow model[1] is that you need to create a
>release branch and work in that, once it's all working then you merge
>into trunk. If you look at the diagram in [1] master can be thought of as
>trunk.
>
>Thanks,
>Justin
>
>[1] http://nvie.com/posts/a-successful-git-branching-model/

I'm not sure how this model relates since we aren't using git yet.  I
thought we agreed that for now we were doing development in develop, would
merge changes that would be released to trunk, build the kit from there,
and then make a tag for the release.  I don't see the need for another
branch - I could of course be missing something though.

Carol