From Alex Harui <aha...@adobe.com>
Subject Re: [FlaconJS] pseudo emitter algorithm
Date Sat, 01 Dec 2012 00:35:02 GMT

On 11/30/12 4:15 PM, "Michael Schmalle" <apache@teotigraphix.com> wrote:

> Ok so instead of emitting JS from MXML generated ABC you want to emit
> it from MXML generated data structure from the AST?
I'm not sure yet.  I just found the code I did a year ago.  I made changes
to MXMLClassDirectiveProcessor and never checked them in.  IIRC, there all
of these methods that get called in walking the MXML parse tree that add
instructions to the various functions in the current codegen.

I generated the data structure by skipping over the instructions that create
new method entries and added other instructions and saved it all up and set
it as one giant array on the class.  It worked, but might be too hacky.

In order to generate JS, my first instinct is to find a way to swap out
MXMLClassDirectiveProcessor for a JSMXMLClassDirectiveProcessor.  It looks
like the FalconJS emitter returns instructions that are JS strings, so I
would try that as well.

--
Alex Harui
Flex SDK Team