From Frank Wienberg <fr...@jangaroo.net>
Subject Re: [FalconJx] Prototype ActionScript -> JavaScript compiler code up in svn
Date Fri, 14 Dec 2012 12:56:39 GMT
Hi Dan,

just to get things straight, I am not working on a different
implementation, but discussion with Erik and Mike trying to find the
optimal JavaScript output format. In my current experiments, I am trying an
approach without the "goog" library, which does not mean you cannot use the
Google Closure Compiler to optimize the output. For loading and linking
classes, I use RequireJS, which is an implementation of the AMD module
format like "goog", but in contrast, it only does that and not a bagful of
other things. I think that concentrating on one thing at a time
minimizes dependencies of design decisions.
What Mike builds fits my view on how to generate JS code like a glove.
Mike, your latest refactoring makes perfectly sense, we can put the "goog"
solution in one subclass and the RequireJS solution in another and compare
the results!

Greetings
-Frank-