From Frank Wienberg <fr...@jangaroo.net>
Subject Re: [ASJS] Adjusting FalconJS output (no general discussion in this thread, please)
Date Fri, 07 Dec 2012 10:57:49 GMT
On Fri, Dec 7, 2012 at 10:12 AM, Erik de Bruin <erik@ixsoftware.nl> wrote:

> [#Insert 'goog.requires()'; the equivalent of 'import' in AS]

We should take care to only generate goog.requires() for imports that are
actually used in the generated code.
For example, as long as we do not perform type checks at runtime, an import
of a class only used in a type cast can safely be dropped and might reduce
the overall code size if the class happens to not be used in the
application.
Also, *-imports would have to be resolved. So I'd rather not say that
requires is the equivalent of import. We just need import statements to
resolve not-fully-qualified identifiers, the dependencies have to
be tracked seperately.

-Frank-