From Om <bigosma...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Release target and Jenekins
Date Thu, 13 Dec 2012 22:56:42 GMT
On Thu, Dec 13, 2012 at 1:32 PM, Alex Harui <aharui@adobe.com> wrote:

> If you are going to ask, you may want to ask that you also have access to
> wherever the flashlog.txt is going to end up.

We already have a copy task at the end of the checkintests that copies the
file into the current build workspace.  It is just that the flashlog.txt
never gets created (because of the absence of mm.cfg)

> BTW, I briefly considered the idea that we collect all mustella output some
> other way.  Mustella is already set up to send its output over a socket,
> for
> example.  However, one of the goals of BasicTests was to examine the
> flashlog for extraneous trace statements in the common code paths that
> BasicTests runs.  Flashlog also contains the stacktraces of any unhandled
> exception during the test.
>
> We could (should?) solve the trace problem by doing some other analysis on
> the source or swcs.  After all, BasicTests won't catch every trace
> statement
> left in the code.  We do leave trace statements commented out for
> debugging,
> though.
>
> And now that we have 10.2 as the min player version, we might be able to
> use
> the UncaughtError subsystem to catch exceptions during the test.
>
> It is work, but maybe less work that trying to figure out Jenkins?

As I was working on OneClickMustella, I was thinking about something
similar as well.  We might as well trap the uncaughterrors and push it out
over a localconnection and my app could catch it and write it to a file in
the workspace.

But I would first try the current set up as is on Jenkins.  I think we are
close.