incubator-flex-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Om <>
Subject Re: Working towards a 4.9 Release Candidate
Date Wed, 05 Dec 2012 08:27:38 GMT
On Dec 5, 2012 12:03 AM, "Justin Mclean" <> wrote:
> Hi,
> >  Ideally, we would want to test them before we release them.
> Agreed, but they had no tests before and we still released them.

According to Alex, they had tests but was somehow not donated.

And I am not aware of any changes made to those components in the 4.8
parity release. So it didn't really matter whether we had those tests
earlier or not.

> > Alex is working on getting the Mustella tests for charts donated.  I
> > suggest we wait until they are committed before we ship this change.
> If we wait until everything is perfect we'll never make a release. I'll
see what involved in reverting the changes - issue being that down the
track we might have a merge issue and the changes are lost.

I am sorry, but it does not make sense to release something that has not
been tested.   It is one thing to run tests and find some minor bugs.   It
is an entirely different issue to not test it at all.  Especially a set of
components as important as Charts.

> Thanks,
> Justin

  • Unnamed multipart/alternative (inline, None, 0 bytes)
View raw message