From Frédéric THOMAS <webdoubl...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: Suggestion to commits and Jira
Date Wed, 12 Dec 2012 07:45:11 GMT
Hi Chris,

I don't know for that, I used to work the same but here, in the commit
mailling list, for each commit, you can see a link to viewvc with the diff
for each commit but sure, it would be nice to have the same in JIRA.

- Fred

-----Message d'origine-----
From: christofer.dutz@c-ware.de
Sent: Wednesday, December 12, 2012 8:38 AM
To: flex-dev@incubator.apache.org
Subject: Suggestion to commits and Jira

Hi,

I just wanted to have a look at what Jose did to fix a bug in the Mavenizer.
My usual workflow for this is to go to the Jira Issue and select the
"Source" tab. In all of the Jira+SVN/GIT combinations I have seen Jira
displays the commits related to that particular issue. I couldn't find a
single issue in which Jira found anything.

Is this feature not turned on or did simply no one check in any code with a
comment containing the Jira issue id of the related issue?

I would strongly suggest to link the code repo and Jira and to prefix
commit-comments with Jira issue Id of the issue the checkin relates to
(Ideally with the title of the Issue) in order to get this cool bonus
functionality. If one commit addresses a bunch of issues simply mentioning
them all in the commit statement, would also make that particular cheking
appear on all of these issues detail-pages.

Just a suggestion :)

Chris