From Justin Mclean <jus...@classsoftware.com>
Subject Re: Apache Flex 4.9 RC 2
Date Thu, 13 Dec 2012 00:56:15 GMT
Hi,

> Yup, that's the FB/Java 1.7 issue I told you about.  I haven't debugged it
> but I've certainly run into it.

After a little more investigation it seem it's a Flash builder issue, Flash Builder uses JRE
1.6 even if you configure it for  JRE 1.7.

Looking in the config (about Flash Builder, click on installation details then configuration)
you see:
-vm /System/Library/Frameworks/JavaVM.framework

On my version of OSX (10.7.5)  this:
/System/Library/Frameworks/JavaVM.framework/Commands/java -version

Gives:
java version "1.6.0_37"
Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.6.0_37-b06-434-11M3909)
Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 20.12-b01-434, mixed mode)

Which is not the default JRE set in Java preferences (in system preferences). Adding a -vm
option in the flashbuilder.ini file has no effect and setting the JRE to be 1.7 in in preferences
in Installed JRE's also has no effect. So it looking like a Flash Builder issue which we may
not be able to do anything about.

I've not tried Flash Builder 4.7 but the release notes for OSX say it only supports Java 1.6
not Java 1.7.

Has anyone got FB 4.6 to run with Java 1.7 on OSX?

Thanks,
Justin