From "christofer.dutz@c-ware.de" <christofer.d...@c-ware.de>
Subject Suggestion to commits and Jira
Date Wed, 12 Dec 2012 07:38:48 GMT
Hi,

I just wanted to have a look at what Jose did to fix a bug in the Mavenizer. My usual workflow
for this is to go to the Jira Issue and select the "Source" tab. In all of the Jira+SVN/GIT
combinations I have seen Jira displays the commits related to that particular issue. I couldn't
find a single issue in which Jira found anything.

Is this feature not turned on or did simply no one check in any code with a comment containing
the Jira issue id of the related issue?

I would strongly suggest to link the code repo and Jira and to prefix commit-comments with
Jira issue Id of the issue the checkin relates to (Ideally with the title of the Issue) in
order to get this cool bonus functionality. If one commit addresses a bunch of issues simply
mentioning them all in the commit statement, would also make that particular cheking appear
on all of these issues detail-pages.

Just a suggestion :)

Chris