From Justin Mclean <jus...@classsoftware.com>
Subject Re: Working towards a 4.9 Release Candidate
Date Wed, 05 Dec 2012 16:43:05 GMT
Hi,

> What version of FP and AIR are you planning to use for the release?
Very good question. Does anyone have any stats on modern FP usage? While there's not any major
reason I can see to up the FP version, I'm sure there would be interest in an updated AIR
version.

> I will check in the chart tests before the end of the week.  We got
> permission from the Adobe VP to do so.
OK thanks. If you could merge those into the release branch when you do so that would be appreciated.

> I am working on integrating the adobe.next changes into develop.  I've
> submitted about 80-90% of the bug fixes already.  Right now I'm working on
> the s:DataGrid changes and I have a few other random bug fixes I haven't
> submitted yet.
Might be useful if they also get merged into the release branch, but I guess we have the draw
a line somewhere.

> Justin - I thought develop would be merged to trunk and we'd release from
> there yet I see you made another branch.

My understanding of the gitflow model[1] is that you need to create a release branch and work
in that, once it's all working then you merge into trunk. If you look at the diagram in [1]
master can be thought of as trunk.

Thanks,
Justin

[1] http://nvie.com/posts/a-successful-git-branching-model/