From Daniel Wasilewski <devudes...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [FalconJx] Prototype ActionScript -> JavaScript compiler code up in svn
Date Fri, 14 Dec 2012 12:28:23 GMT
I don't know why I didn't show you this before.
I have done some tests AS3 vs JS a while ago. Pretty much on the
beginning of my journey with JS when started to investigate possibility
of moving towards html5.

http://www.flaemo.com/bixbite/

you can also review about 86 different specs collected up there

http://flaemo.com/bixbite/gettable.php?id=*86*

Just change the id to review them all.

When comes to speed of execution of generic parts, raw loop iterations,
object creations etc, Flash is no longer a king on desktop.
But still better in some crucial elements. Take a look at Object vs
Class creation and speed of accessibility.
The only thing that Flash is 10x faster with, is the very last part of
the test. Display List vs DOM. However is not true for Canvas or even
svg could get closer if not better.

Number of iteration is quite small up there to see differences between
Scope Object 2 and 3 lvl because this test has been tweaked to run on
Android devices as well.
But it will give some picture of where we are.

Dan