From Daniel Wasilewski <devudes...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [FalconJx] Prototype ActionScript -> JavaScript compiler code up in svn
Date Fri, 14 Dec 2012 10:55:18 GMT
Hi guys,

I've lost a track on the Falcon JS for a while, (busy freelancing to
survive and pay my bills), but at time to time visiting the list.
And don't quite understand the status. Is it like we have 3 different
people working on their own/favourite implementation at the same time?

I've seen Michael done significant progress with his rewrite from scratch.
But in my mind it wasn't excluding 'goog' approach for JS output since
he mentioned is not there yet.

I am sure bit and pieces of this puzzle can be put together. And even if
we have a prototype of Falcon in current form, Michael decided to
investigate different approach.
Some say it is not worth it, but I do appreciate his effort because this
project is on research state, not production ready. And this very
project needs solid foundations to start from. We don't want to build on
top of over-bloated solution only because it has been done. I've seen
many things done in my life, but quite useless as well.

No effort in order to try out different solutions and approaches is wasted.
And as I said, things can be put together especially by people have
learn something during research time and have more experience now.