From Kevin Newman <Capta...@unFocus.com>
Subject Re: ABC -> JS
Date Tue, 04 Dec 2012 04:15:46 GMT
For that matter you could just load and parse the ABC right in
Javascript at runtime:
https://github.com/mozilla/shumway

Kevin N.

On 12/3/2012 3:49 PM, Gordon Smith wrote:
> The possibility of transcoding ABC -> JS (rather than AS -> JS, MXML -> JS,
CSS -> JS, and .properties -> JS) has come up on another thread. I should mention that
this approach is the one that the architect of the Falcon compiler (Chris Brichford, who recently
left Adobe) recommended for getting to JS. Bernd Paradies, who did FalconJS, was on another
team and decided to run with AS -> JS.

> One advantage of ABC -> JS is that it solves the problem of having a 3rd party SWC
that you don't have source code for but want to transcode to JS.