From Harbs <harbs.li...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [FalconJx] Prototype ActionScript -> JavaScript compiler code up in svn
Date Sun, 16 Dec 2012 13:14:40 GMT
Funny: It did not click in my mind that there were two different Mikes here. In my mind Mike
L. was the compiler guy from a year ago and I did not realize Mike S. was someone else. Is
there somewhere that there's a list of contributors with their pictures? Faces make it much
easier to remember peopleā€¦ ;-)

I've been following this whole discussion in the background with a lot of interest. I don't
have much to contribute at this point, so I've been quiet. Mike L., I know you were somewhat
disillusioned by the amount of time it took Adobe to get Flacon/ Flacon JS contributed. Is
there anything from your Randori work (very interesting by the way!) that would be useful
for this project?

Harbs

On Dec 14, 2012, at 7:37 PM, Michael A. Labriola wrote:

>> Eriks point I think was he is trying to write some of the js side that isn't for
the time being going to be cross compiled. But as I see it, I don't think there will be a
reason to hand write a lot >because we could even create a custom emitter that knows how
to spit out our core js framework. Which then could be just one more abstraction layer.

> In my work on Randori, I only found 2 places I absolutely needed to hand code pieces.
The rough equivalent of a constructor apply and the work to do think like global eval, and
really that was just non-sense around the differences in how browsers treat things.