From Michael Schmalle <apa...@teotigraphix.com>
Subject Re: [FalconJx] It's early, but does it cross compile?
Date Thu, 20 Dec 2012 11:18:28 GMT

Quoting Erik de Bruin <erik@ixsoftware.nl>:

> Mike,
>
> Got all 5 "Falcon" projects from SVN. I build Falcon and FalconJS
> using ant on the command line (as per their respective READMEs). I've
> loaded the 'compiler[.xx]' projects into Eclipse (Indigo on OS X).
> Fixed some paths to get rid of the initial errors.

Sounds good.

> I was able to successfully run all 148 tests in 'compiler.jx.tests'
> and those all passed (with 2 ignored?).

Yes! This is golden for you, it means you are setup to create more
tests with me! Right now we are only using the Falcon compiler to get
IFileNodes.

> I then created a Debug Configuration on 'compiler.jx', pointing it to
> "org.apache.flex.compiler.clients.MXMLJSC" as the 'Main class' (I am
> not very familiar with Java, but some tweaking and Googling seemed to
> indicate this was what might work). On the 'Arguments' tab I just
> entered "./tests/TestApp.as". Hitting "Debug" got me the error I
> mentioned.

Yeah, almost there but, there are a couple things missing. You will be
able to do this but will need to send a
-load-config="my/pat/flex-config.xml flag along with -library-path
pointing to the playerglobal.swc

I did the following and it created the js file;

-library-path=C:\Users\Work\Documents\libraries\dependencies\player\11.1\playerglobal.swc
tests/TestApp.as

The above in the compiler args for the run target.

Remember, this is spitting out actions script right now, I have got to
the class/interface and package logic with emitting!

With the above it spit out MainCode.js;

public var foo:Stringprivate var bar:int = 0 function MainCode() {
}public function get baz():String {
}public function set baz(value:String):void {
}

As you can see this is right with a couple missing semicolons, class
and package block.

Ask more questions about "what you want to test", I'll tell you how to do it.

Mike