From Michael Schmalle <>
Subject Re: [FalconJx] Prototype ActionScript -> JavaScript compiler code up in svn
Date Fri, 14 Dec 2012 18:04:57 GMT

Quoting Alex Harui <>:

> On 12/14/12 4:24 AM, "Erik de Bruin" <> wrote:
>> Dude,
>> "goog" it is.
>> I just needed a little pep-talk, I guess ;-)
> Right now, I'm trying to get FalconJS to compile an MXML file and output the
> goog stuff.  That work got delayed because there were more distractions from
> the 4.9 release than I expected.  Then I will try to get the
> BURM/Reducer/Emitter to do the same.  Mike sent me what he tried to do in
> this area so I can reference it if needed.
> We are definitely in prototype/research mode and different angles should be
> investigated.  The key to the "Apache Way" is that if we have to make
> choices in deciding what to ship, it should be done on technical merit.

What context are you speaking from? compiler, js framework?

I have no doubt that what I am doing can traverse MXML data structures
or even the AST to produce stuff. I don't know if I am
misunderstanding what you are saying but, in my honest effort to
change FalconJS, I realized I cannot do it the way it is based on my

So either I can't contribute to javascript cross compiling or I can
attempt a way that I have used before, which is in the current

> --
> Alex Harui
> Flex SDK Team
> Adobe Systems, Inc.